If you want to experience the ”real Langkawi” then maybe Pentai Cenang is not the place to stay. It´s very different from how the life is lived on an everyday routine in Langkawi.
There is a small village north of Pentai Cenang (and north of the aiport) that´s called Kuala Teriang. Here the live is a bit more genuine Langkawi.
Of course there are restaurants and guesthouses here as well and I´d like to introduce one of them.
Island inn i a small guesthouse in Kuala Teriang where you can stay from RM50. The place is clean and the staff is very friendly.
They have fan rooms and small and big A/C rooms.
They also have a small bar / restaurant where you can eat and drink for affordable money. Dart boards for your enjoyment and there will be a fuzzball table and a pool table in the near future.
If you are lucky on the night maybe Johnny will start up his keyboard and play a song or two! :)
Please note, I have not stayed here but I have friends who has.
Where: Kuala Teriang is located on the west coast of Langkawi, north of the aiport. It´s a small fishing village.
Price: From RM50
Distance to the beach: Not within walking distance but about 10 minutes to Pantai kok with motorbike or car.
They are not yet listed in Agoda but they will be, book your room in Kuala Teriang here:Book
- 42Langkawi is a green and very luscious island. It actually contains of 99-104 island ( 5 only in low tide). It has really old tropical rainforest. There is plenty of activities to do here either you are interest in nature or has a need for speed and adrenaline. Cost ranges…
- 41Pentai Tengah is right south of Pentai Cenang and the two beaches are filled with resorts, bars and restaurants. All within walking distance. Airis Sactuary Resort [Book here] Nice, very green place. Has small ponds in between the chalets. The pool is quite long, perfect for laps in the morning…
- 37This is a great place to stay for families, budget travellers and everybody else. They have bungalows located directly on the beach, refrigerators and Ac-rooms, all for under RM 200 / night. I have had 2 families staying here (friends) and they all liked it. It is located on the…
- 36There are no buss in Langkawi, not that will take you between the villages or places. The normal way to travel is by taxi. (Or if you prefer to rent a motorbike or car.) The Taxis of Langkawi have fixed rates tho so if you can gather upp a few…
- 34Click here [Agoda] for more alternatives to stay here in Langkawi. There is an area in Pentai Cenang where there is a lot of Guesthouses, you can easilly walk from one Guesthouse to another, compare the prices and places. Just ask your driver to drive to Kahuna Cafe. From there…