The idea with Kasbah in Pentai Cenang, Langkawi is magnificent! Reusing and recycling old ”unusable” stuff and make it usable again is thrilling and makes for longer sustainabilkity! I love this idea and I really like this place.
The staff is very friendly too.
I can go here and sit for hours with my computer, using their neighbours WIFI and just work or play whatever I prefer.
It´s not often I eat here tho, I think the food is too expensive (I am living on quite a tight budget) and I prefer to just have a coke or something. They serve mostly ”western food” here but have a few choices for local food wich is great.
The music is a whole other story, playing reaggea or some kind of triipped out music all the time. I do not like it and I sometimes remember to bring my earphones and that makes my stay so much better!
They are working really hard with this place and I like to support that in every way that I can, thinking about environment is quite unusual here in Malaysia but these guys really do!
They like to educate others about different things and they arrange ”talks” on friday nights with different themes, like snakes, herbs etc.
If it wasn´t for the music I would probably move in there!! ;)
- 55Click here [Agoda] for more alternatives to stay here in Langkawi. There is an area in Pentai Cenang where there is a lot of Guesthouses, you can easilly walk from one Guesthouse to another, compare the prices and places. Just ask your driver to drive to Kahuna Cafe. From there…
- 51I found a new gem in Pentai Cenang when it comes to good and cheap food! Me and Rebecca was heading for the beach but got hungry on the way... So we decided to try out a new place (for me anyway) it´s called Belinas Corner and it is right…
- 48There are no buss in Langkawi, not that will take you between the villages or places. The normal way to travel is by taxi. (Or if you prefer to rent a motorbike or car.) The Taxis of Langkawi have fixed rates tho so if you can gather upp a few…
- 44Me and Rebecca started this back before we went on our backpacking trip. We did Squirrelcounts everywhere. I don´t remember why we call them counts but.. Here are a few, from Langkawi with Emelie and some with only me .@ Bangkok @Hong kongs view point @Kowloon harbour, Hong Kong @Masjid…
- 44Got some nice pictures from the Underwater World in Langkawi that I haven´t shared yet: Click the [link] to read information about Underwater World in Pentai cenang, Langkawi..