Tanjung Ru is one of the most beautiful beaches in the world. But it is not ideal for swiming.
Coming here for the first time you will probably be stunned by the beautiful scenery that greets you.
The beach is kept very clean. The sand is white but much like flour, rather small stones.
The water is quite clean (especially if you walk away a bit to the right where there is less boats docking).
Here comes the tricky bit: the water has currents in it, it will drag you away if you are not careful!
For the people who are avoiding maligna melanoma umbrellas and sunbeds are the way to go. There is not much natural shade on the beach.
This beach is extremely beautiful but unfortunately not very swim friendly so there is only 4 squirrels for it.
Open: the road to the beach closes at 9 pm. If you are living on the resort on the beach it is open all the time.
Directions: Drive towards Ayer Hangat or Tanjung Rhu.
Close to: Scarbouroughs fich / chip restaurant is really delicious, fantastic vies and humane prices.
Other beaches in Langkawi: Pentai Cenang, Pentai Tengah, Pentai Kik, Pentai Paisir Tengkorak, Pentai Paisir Hitam, Shark bay beach.
- 57Normally you are not bargaining the normal "asian way" in Langkawi. When you are interested in buying something just ask for a discount. Sometimes you get it and sometime you wont. If you are not happy with the price you are given you can always try to walk away but…
- 49Here you decide what kind of fish you prefer to this traditional dish. The food is prepared fresh when you order it so it takes a while to get it, but it is so worth the wait. They don´t serve only fish and chips here but other delicious dishes. (Chicken…
- 42Well the sand it not completey black, except for in one spot, but it is mixed in colors. Makes it look almost dirty. Large amounts of tourmeline and ilmenite from Gunung Raya cause the darkness in the sand. It is common to find granite in mountains but it is only…
- 42The little restaurant to the right in the last T junction when you go to oriental Village is really a little pearl. Its has some delicious freshly made food and it is a beautiful place to spend some time. It is simple but genuine The menu is simple and the…
- 40The story says that two giants Mat Cincang and Mat Raya got engaged into a heavy fight during the wedding of Cincang's Son with Raya's daughter. Raya noticed that the groom was flirting with another woman during the wedding reception. The brawl got so nasty that they started throwing pots,…