There are no buss in Langkawi, not that will take you between the villages or places.
The normal way to travel is by taxi. (Or if you prefer to rent a motorbike or car.)
The Taxis of Langkawi have fixed rates tho so if you can gather upp a few persons to share your taxi it is not expensive at all.
The malaysian word for Taxi is Teksi.
Going from the Jeti in Kuah to Pentai Cenang costs for example RM 30. Same price if you are alone or there is three people in the taxi.
When you arrive at the airport there is a small stall where you buy your ticket in advance.
It is not a problem to haul a taxi basically anywhere in Langkawi, there is plenty of them and many so called stesens.
Bargaining with the driver is not allowed.
The prices are the same for all sizes of taxis.
Most of the taxis are also avaliable to rent for a whole day, they will show you what you want to see during your day(s).
Check out my [guide to Langkawi] for tips on what you can do.
Want to know more about Langkawi= Read my Guide.
- 56Click here [Agoda] for more alternatives to stay here in Langkawi. There is an area in Pentai Cenang where there is a lot of Guesthouses, you can easilly walk from one Guesthouse to another, compare the prices and places. Just ask your driver to drive to Kahuna Cafe. From there…
- 51Got some nice pictures from the Underwater World in Langkawi that I haven´t shared yet: Click the [link] to read information about Underwater World in Pentai cenang, Langkawi..
- 50The Skytrex here in Langkawi is a whole lot of fun! It´s excillerating and gives you a sure rush of adrenaline. I have been there two times so far, done both intermediate and advanced and I love the ride it takes me on! The track we did (Advanced) took us…
- 48The Nest is the first roof top bar in Langkawi and the view from up here is amazing. You can see Pantai Cenang from a totally different view. Watching the sunset from here is popular and you need to be out in time to get a good place to sit.…
- 48The idea with Kasbah in Pentai Cenang, Langkawi is magnificent! Reusing and recycling old "unusable" stuff and make it usable again is thrilling and makes for longer sustainabilkity! I love this idea and I really like this place. The staff is very friendly too. I can go here and sit…