Underwater World Langkawi is one of the largest marine and fresh water aquarium in South East Asia. Since the start of its operation in 1995, it has become one of the must visited tourist destinations in Langkawi and attracts both local and foreign tourists.
It is a big attraction that goals to educate the man about what goes on underneath the surface of our waters.
The exhibition is divided into three sections: Tropical Rainforest, Temperate and Sub-Antarctic. The Sub-Antarctic is probably the most popular section – the penguinhouse has cute little rockhopper and black-footed penguins that cause quite a few people to crowd around the exhibit to get a good look.
Feeding time at Underwater World
|African Penguin||11:00 am and 2:45 pm daily|
|Rockhopper Penguin||11:15 am and 3:00 pm daily|
|Furseal||02:30 pm daily|
|Tunnel Tank||03:30 pm daily|
Entrance fee: RM 40 (Adult) RM 30 (for kids). If you are a Malaysian citizen with MyKad it´s cheaper.
Directions: On the south end of pantai Cenang, just by the big duty free malls.
- 44Got some nice pictures from the Underwater World in Langkawi that I haven´t shared yet: Click the [link] to read information about Underwater World in Pentai cenang, Langkawi..
- 40Langkawi is a green and very luscious island. It actually contains of 99-104 island ( 5 only in low tide). It has really old tropical rainforest. There is plenty of activities to do here either you are interest in nature or has a need for speed and adrenaline. Cost ranges…
- 37Click here [Agoda] for more alternatives to stay here in Langkawi. There is an area in Pentai Cenang where there is a lot of Guesthouses, you can easilly walk from one Guesthouse to another, compare the prices and places. Just ask your driver to drive to Kahuna Cafe. From there…
- 35The Nest is the first roof top bar in Langkawi and the view from up here is amazing. You can see Pantai Cenang from a totally different view. Watching the sunset from here is popular and you need to be out in time to get a good place to sit.…
- 35When you arrive in Langkawi there are a few things you need to know. Whether you come by plane or ferry. First of all, Pantai Cenang / Pantai Tengah area is the best if you want to experience beach, restaurants, bars and shops. There are lots of hotels here ranging…