When you arrive in Langkawi there are a few things you need to know. Whether you come by plane or ferry.
First of all, Pantai Cenang / Pantai Tengah area is the best if you want to experience beach, restaurants, bars and shops. There are lots of hotels here ranging from lowest budget to splurge in price. Read more abut that [Here].
In order to get to Cenang / Tengah you need to take a taxi. There are no public transportation in Langkawi. The taxis in Langkawi has fixed prices and the prices are per car NOT per person. Make sure you take a taxi that actually is a taxi. Recently I have seen a lot of private cars offering ”taxi” service. This is not only illegal but also not very safe. The taxis in Langkawi are either red (small) or white/blue (Big). (The prices for the larger car is slightly higher than stated below. You can ask for a price list if you want.
Read more about Langkawi [here]
You can easilly walk between Tengah and Cenang.
Kuah: RM 30
Airport: RM 20
Telaga Harbour (From Koh Lipe) : RM 28
The beach in Pantai Cenang is best on the north part. Less people and less water sport activities. Be careful and look for warning flags before you enter the sea.
The streets are quite busy especially at night. Please walk on the sideways for your safety and for the traffic to run as smoothly as possible.
Warning: If you are a woman traveling alone you should be careful when walking the streets. There has been some incidents lately where a motorbike drives by you and snatches your bag / purse. Use a pouch, backpack or a bag that you can hang securely over your body.
Please help keep our island beautiful and don´t litter.
- 47The Nest is the first roof top bar in Langkawi and the view from up here is amazing. You can see Pantai Cenang from a totally different view. Watching the sunset from here is popular and you need to be out in time to get a good place to sit.…
- 46There are no buss in Langkawi, not that will take you between the villages or places. The normal way to travel is by taxi. (Or if you prefer to rent a motorbike or car.) The Taxis of Langkawi have fixed rates tho so if you can gather upp a few…
- 42I found a new gem in Pentai Cenang when it comes to good and cheap food! Me and Rebecca was heading for the beach but got hungry on the way... So we decided to try out a new place (for me anyway) it´s called Belinas Corner and it is right…
- 41The Skytrex here in Langkawi is a whole lot of fun! It´s excillerating and gives you a sure rush of adrenaline. I have been there two times so far, done both intermediate and advanced and I love the ride it takes me on! The track we did (Advanced) took us…
- 40Click here [Agoda] for more alternatives to stay here in Langkawi. There is an area in Pentai Cenang where there is a lot of Guesthouses, you can easilly walk from one Guesthouse to another, compare the prices and places. Just ask your driver to drive to Kahuna Cafe. From there…